30 March 2011

Housewarming :: Atmosphere

A great and economical way to create atmosphere at your event is to use lighting. I have these glass tea light candle holders and lanterns from http://www.ikea.com.au/. I will also be using some of my “green eco chic” bees wax candles. What do I mean by green eco chic? If you have a wedding decorator in your neighbourhood you should stop by and ask if you can purchase their pillar candles (church candles) that are used. What do I mean? Every time a bride gets married they will no doubt use new candles that have only burnt for less than 2 hours (still at least 4 hours of light left in them – depending on size). I pick mine up from between .50cents and $2.00 depending on size, from local wedding decorators – they are happy to get rid of them. I have had brides that want to be “eco green” for their weddings by way of recycling etc. So that is where I came up with the idea. Also I prefer the slightly used candles as it looks more vintage and not so brand spanking new – if you know what I mean!

1 comment:

  1. great tips, that sort of eco info needs to be shared. Good thinking 99!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete